Choosing the right steamer for your couch is a hectic task, and even if you’re done with choosing the right steamer, it is important to know how to steam clean a couch.
Now, the main task is how you maintain it after you’ve brought it home.
As you keep and maintain other parts and areas of your house clean and tidy, you cannot ignore the couches and sofas.
They can easily give either an enjoyable overview of the house or they can destroy the overall image of your home.
But the main concern is how to keep well-maintained couches and sofas and see what products to use to prevent it from looking like a mess and ruining the house’s look.
Before just diving into the step-by-step guide, we should first know what a Steam Cleaner is and the benefits of choosing Steam cleaner for cleaning the couches.
Table of Contents
A steam cleaner is a home appliance used to remove dirt, stains that can make the look of furniture quite dull and unappealing.
It is an essential appliance that many house owners usually rely on.
Because it is easy to use and Eco-friendly, making the cleaning process effortless.
How Does the Steamer Work?
The steamer’s machines boil water to put out steam for cleaning and sanitizing stuff without the use of extensive chemicals that ruin the fabric and material of the furniture.
The couches and sofas are to be steam cleaned, but these steamers can be used for other furniture such as chairs, armchairs, ottoman, and another coordinating table.
Steaming sterilizes and cleans the allergens and other harmful germs, including bed bugs and other related parasites and mites.
One thing is to be kept in mind that you should know where you should use the steamer as most of the fabric on various furniture cannot withstand the hot vapors and can damage the furniture quite severely.
Tips on Choosing the Proper Steamer:
As there is furniture made with many delicate fabrics and materials, it is essential to keep in mind before steaming that it shouldn’t cause damage to it.
You can steam the small part to know how it works and after that, if it suits the material, you may carry on with it.
While choosing the steamer, consider these vital points in mind.
- Look for a handheld steamer
- Look for a steamer with detachable items like hoses and nozzles.
These items will be easy to use, and steam cleaning will be a bit effortless.
Here Is a Step-By-Step Guide on How to Steam Clean a Couch:
To Start with the Steam Cleaner and to Use It;
- Before starting make sure to clean the steam mob pads.
- You need to detach the water reservoir to fill it with water and a bit of the fabric cleaner.
- Before adding the water to the water reservoir, you should check the manual, because adding too much water and overfilling it will cause the steam machine to malfunction.
- While the water is heating in the steamer, check for the specific attachment to be attached with the steamer, like a brush or a cloth attachment.
After all of the above mention points, the steam clean couch shall be ready to be used.
6. Start by Steaming Cushions and Pillows:
It is better to start with steaming the cushions and pillows rather than directly steaming the couch.
Test one part of the couch to get an idea about the outcome of the desired result.
To begin with, steaming the couch,
- Take the handheld steamer, hold it, and gently steam it over the couch surface in a motion
- No need to press too hard on the couch
- Do not keep it very far from the couch as well
- Drag the steam cleaner in a motion over the area of the couch you want to steam it with
- Repeat the process a few times for better results
After steaming all over the surface of the couch
- Allow the couch to dry perfectly before placing the cushions and pillows back on.
8. Turning the Steam Cleaner Off:
After you are done with steaming the couch, now put off the machine to cool down as it processes heat.
Depending on the type of steamer, you should check the water reservoir needs to be empty or not.
Some Points to Ponder:
“Letting your couch dry is as essential as it is to clean.”
As the steaming process is almost complete. Don’t just rush into getting on the couch.
Let the couch dry, keep checking, if you feel the couch is completely dry, then use it however you want.
Conclusion of the Steam Clean a Couch:
Now that you are familiar with how to use a steam cleaner or what cleaner would be ideal for this purpose.
We hope that this article will surely help you steam clean your couch and Sofas.