Proximity Mills flooring has been in trend for some time, and people are going crazy for it.
In the start, this flooring was known as a luxury vinyl flooring brand, but recently, they have turned their attention towards carpets, hardwood, and porcelain tiles.
Various types of proximity mills flooring are available in the market, which we will discuss in this guide for your comprehension.
Along with the types, we will also talk about the reviews, pricing details, and their pros and cons so that you get a clear idea of whether you want to get your hands on them or not.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
What is Proximity Mills Flooring?
To those who are not familiar with this most significant company, it is a private flooring company that offers hardwood, luxury vinyl, carpets, and porcelain tiles via an independent retailer.
In the start, they used to only sell tile flooring and luxury vinyl planks, but with time they expanded their business, and today they have different types of flooring.
If you want to fulfill all your flooring requirements under 1 roof, you can’t find a better option than proximity mills who are here to provide you with the best flooring of different types.
If you are planning to renovate your house anytime soon and planning to go for a different flooring type for each room, come to this place, and you will get what you want.
Apart from variety, they never compromise on quality and make sure to give you the best of the best.
Their products are completely budget-friendly that every homeowner can afford, and this is what makes them worth considering.
Let’s move ahead and talk about the different types of flooring this company produces, along with the pros, cons, and pricing details.
Proximity Mills Vinyl Plank Flooring
The first type of flooring that they started producing since they came into existence is luxury vinyl planks.
Each collection of vinyl planks is designed in a way that depicts different aesthetics and doesn’t look identical. In vinyl planks, the company offers 2 stone tiles and 9 wood-like collections.
Each collection of vinyl planks has different colors, designs, and aesthetics, so you have numerous options to choose from.
We all know that vinyl flooring is one of the most significant and highly popular flooring types that is used in every other home because of being inexpensive.
If you also want to install vinyl planks in one of your rooms but couldn’t find a trustworthy company, go for proximity mills as they have a lot to offer, and you will surely never be disappointed.
It is pretty cheap as compared to Home Depot LVP. Let’s have a look at a few pros and cons.
- Proximity mills vinyl planks are 100% water-proof and 100% mold-resistant, so you can install them anywhere you want without worrying about damage. Usually, companies offering vinyl planks are only water-resistant but this company is offering you this feature that is on another level.
- Talking about the wear layer, proximity mills vinyl planks have 12 to 22 mil wear layers which are enough to enhance the lifespan of this flooring.
- You can consider this flooring for any room in your house, including bathrooms, basements, laundry rooms, and kitchens.
- You do not need to spend extra on installation as it is a DIY project and can be done at home without having proper skills. The installation can be done with a peel and stick method.
- The cleaning and maintenance are straightforward because all you need is a damp mop and regular sweeping. As it is waterproof so you can use a wet mop in order to remove hard stains.
- As far as warranty is concerned, the company offers an impressive warranty on every product. For vinyl planks, you get a maximum of 10 years of commercial warranty.
- Apart from all the above-mentioned advantages, they also offer this flooring at a budget-friendly cost. The square foot price is $3 – $7, but it also depends on the retailer from where you will buy the collection.
- You might need to buy an extra underlayment while installing the planks. However, it is not necessary all the time. It is the only disadvantage that you find.
The company doesn’t sell this flooring directly to the customers as they buy from the retailers so it depends on them as well. However, the average per square foot price is $3-$7 as mentioned above.
Proximity Mills Engineered Hardwood Flooring
Let’s move ahead and talk about their next flooring type which is engineered hardwood.
Engineered hardwood is a type of hardwood that contain multiple layers of plywood but also has a thin coating of real hardwood at the top surface.
It is identical to solid hardwood flooring and gives you the same warmth and feel. The proximity mills contain almost 6 collections of engineered hardwood flooring and each one is impeccable and eye-catchy.
Undoubtedly, they offer many features but the feature that I liked the most is durability and aesthetics. They are highly durable and serve beautiful flooring that one can’t resist praising.
If you want to bring something new or want to change the overall look of your room or house, I would suggest you get your hands on engineered hardwood flooring from this company and you will surely love it.
let’s talk about the pros and cons that the company provides below to get a clear idea.
- The finishing is done with aluminum oxide and UV-cured polyurethane that enhance the beauty of the flooring and make it amazing.
- A few collections of engineered hardwood flooring are 100% waterproof and you can install them anywhere you want. It can withstand maximum water without making the flooring damaged.
- You can never doubt the durability of engineered hardwood floors because they are designed with a high-density core and are completely dent-resistant and scratch-resistant. If you are a pet owner, do not worry about the flooring.
- It doesn’t require complicated maintenance and cleaning. Regular mopping and sweeping are enough to keep the floors clean and in their original form. You can also use a wet mop to remove tough stains.
- All the hardwood products available in this company are low-VOC certified and are acquired from sustainable forests.
- The last advantage is the warranty which also depends on the retailer. However, the average warranty this company offer is at least 10 years. You also get 20 years of commercial warranty on this flooring.
- You might find it a bit expensive because the top surface has a real hardwood coating. However, this flooring is worth the money.
- It is not a DIY project and you have to spend additional on the installation.
The square foot price of engineered hardwood flooring is $6 – $10 which is not cheap but still better than the ones that other companies offer.
Proximity mills offer genuine and hard-core products that are 100% durable and not easily breakable. Keeping in mind these features, it isn’t wrong to spend some on this type of flooring.
Proximity Mills Carpets
People usually prefer carpets in order to protect their floors from damage, stains, or sun exposure.
However, if you are planning to get rid of your current carpet and want to buy a new one that is of high quality, go for proximity mills carpets as they ensure quality.
They have a huge collection so you can choose according to your choice. They have almost a collection of 22 carpets and each differs in size, style, and color.
Talking about our favorite, it has to be the Hawthorne Lane collection that has amazing loops and cuts perfect for your room. They will surely enhance your room’s beauty and will never look outdated.
I have seen many worth considering carpet reviews online regarding this brand.
Though it is the trend of flooring the way they have designed these carpets will never look odd so you can safely buy them for whatever purpose. From a huge collection, you can choose according to your taste.
Now let’s have a look at their pros and cons to getting more idea.
- All the carpets are composed of 6.6 nylon so they are 100% durable. Apart from durability, they are also dent-resistant so you can place them anywhere you want.
- They are stain-resistant so do not worry about your pets and children. The color will never fade away and they will be in their original form after several years. If you have pets at home, you can keep them on carpets without worrying about the dirt they cause.
- They are completely safe and secure for your home as they are CRI Green Label Plus certified.
- The per square foot price of these carpets are $4-$8 that are pretty affordable. Hence, if you want a quality-based product at an inexpensive rate, get your hands on them now.
- The company is offering 20 years of warranty which is huge. If any issue occurs, you can get it done without spending additional money.
- For wall-to-wall carpeting, you need a professional as it can not be done by you. For this purpose, you have to spend extra.
The price may vary depending on the fiber you will choose. However, the average per square foot price is $4 – $8 which is pretty good. It also depends on which retailer you will buy from.
Proximity Mills Tiles
Porcelain floor tiles are one of the strongest tiles that you can choose for your house. They are available in different sizes, designs, and color options.
If you want this type of tiling then better choose proximity mills that have a wide range of collections.
Exploring these tiles lines from this company was a pleasant experience so we decided why not recommend this to others as well.
They have a total of 48 collections and approximately 200 tiles designs.
A few collections that we found pretty amazing include budget-friendly stone-look tiles, on-trend wood-look, faux cement tiles, and many others. You will surely get whatever you desire from this company.
You can also find the tiles according to your required size so do not worry about it. Let’s talk about the pros and cons of proximity mill tiles below for better vision.
- The tiles are composed of porcelain which is of highly durable material. Hence, do not worry about the durability because they will never break easily and they last long for many years.
- They look eye catchy and the designs on the tiles are stain-resistant so the color won’t fade away easily. They will look mesmerizing forever.
- These tiles are suitable both outdoors and indoors. You can consider them for different purposes.
- They are composed of natural materials so you never need to replace them. The tiles can also be recycled.
- They are best known to be installed in wet rooms and washrooms but you can use them anywhere you want. Do not try to install them as a DIY project because it needs a professional to get this job done.
- The 20 years of residential warranty is quite impressive. The warranty this company offers is huge as compared to other brands.
- The price is a bit high and you will find different prices from different retailers. Due to vast collections, there is no price comparison.
Due to numerous tile collections and designs, it is not possible to predict the average size of these tiles offered by the brand.
Hence, you will get a clear idea of the price once you visit the retailer. However, they have a high-quality tile collection so better consider this option.
Where to Buy Proximity Mills Flooring?
Now you are aware of all the collections, pros, cons, and prices so the question arises where you can buy proximity mills flooring.
You can never get your hands on proximity mils flooring from big brands like Home Depot, Floors & Décor, etc.
The company is directly competing with such big flooring brands so you can get access from small retailers only.
If you also want to renovate your house with proximity mills flooring, you can ask your local independent retailer as you can’t purchase directly from the brand.
If you can’t find any independent retailer, you can stay in touch with the brand online who will guide you regarding the process.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
If you are still in doubt regarding this amazing flooring brand, let’s have a look at a few frequently asked questions after which all your doubts will be clear out.
Which Brand Is Best for Vinyl Plank Flooring?
You have various brad options when it comes to luxury vinyl planks including Home Depot, Shaw, Cali, and Mohawk but Proximity Mills top the chart. They offer a quality product at a limited rate.
You can never doubt the durability of this brand as they offer dent-resistant and scratch-resistant flooring. Hence, you can always consider proximity mills flooring for this purpose.
What Is the Most Durable Waterproof Plank Flooring?
If you want 100% water-proof plank flooring that doesn’t get damaged easily then always choose proximity mills flooring. They are stain-resistant and mold-resistant as well so they have a long life span.
How Long Does Pergo Flooring Last?
If you properly take care of pergo flooring, it can last for approximately 25 years. You do not need extra effort to maintain and clean the pergo flooring.
Regular cleaning is enough to keep them safe from dirt, mold, and stains.
Which Flooring Is Most Scratch-Resistant?
Ceramic or porcelain tiles are the most scratch-resistant because they are the toughest kind of flooring that is unbreakable.
They never need to be replaced and they can be recycled as well. If you are looking for such tiles, better choose proximity mills flooring because they have a huge collection of such tiles in different colors and designs.
What Are the Disadvantages of Vinyl Plank Flooring?
One of the most significant disadvantages of vinyl planks is they can not be repaired. Once they are broken, you only have the option to replace them.
They might look identical to hardwood floors but they have a short life span as compared to wood floors. Moreover, they do not add value.
What Thickness of Vinyl Plank Flooring Is Best?
If you are going to place vinyl plank flooring in heavily used areas then the thickness should be at least 4mm to 6mm while if the place is not heavily used then below 4mm would also be suitable.
You might have come across various flooring brands till now and they surely have satisfied you as well but proximity mills flooring is something exceptional.
If you have not tried their flooring yet then you are missing something big. they ensure quality, durability, budget-friendly collections, and whatnot.
When I got a chance to try their product for the first time, I was amazed by the quality of the flooring which motivated me to come up with this detailed guide.
I hope this article will accommodate you in the future.