Are you looking for the best vacuum for hardwood floors?
Those who have hardwood floors in homes or offices know the struggle behind keeping them clean. Using traditional vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors cleaning is time-consuming and fails to clean the surface thoroughly.
You need a vacuum that makes your hardwood floors shine and eliminates debris like never before. Our team has thoroughly researched the ideal vacuum for hardwood floors to ease your confusion.
All the below-mentioned hardwood floors cleaner have been tested and found quite satisfactory. Hence, if you were looking for the list of best cleaners for your floors, this article will accommodate you to find the best one.
Table of Contents
Our Top Picks
Types of Hardwood Floor Vacuums
Before moving toward the best vacuum, let’s talk about a few types of hardwood floors cleaners and the pros and cons of each type. Here we go.
Canister vacuums are beautifully designed with a lot of attachments. They lift out all the dirt and dust from the surface and ensure to make the floor tidy.
They are quite heavy but because of the wheels, you won’t find any burden.
The second one is the upright vacuum that most people use for all the right reasons. It has a tilt-and-push design and goes best for hardwood floors.
In an upright vacuum, you have the option to go for a bagless or bagged vacuum. Furthermore, you can also convert an upright vacuum into a canister vacuum with accessories.
Another commonly used hardwood floor vacuum is handheld which is extremely lightweight and is ideal to clean couches, furniture, car seats, etc.
It is best to clean all the tight corners that we often ignore. Hence, to make every corner dust-free, this one is worth recommending.
As an upright vacuum, a stick vacuum is also slim and has a low suction power. The cordless stick vacuum cleaner quickly cleans the house and makes it look tidy.
Last but not the least, a robot vacuum is a programmable vacuum that cleans your house when you are not even at home. It effectively saves your time as you do not need to move along while cleaning.
However, they are quite more costly than other vacuum cleaners because of their unique functioning.
Top 11 Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
To keep your wood floors in their original form, you need a vacuum cleaner that is effective and does the cleaning in an appropriate way.
I have listed the top best vacuum cleaners for those who have been searching for them. Here we go.
1. Shark NV352 Navigator Lift-Away Upright Vacuum
Shark Vacuums are known for being the best and most reliable cleaners that ensure to make the surface is clean and tidy.
Those who have ever got their hands on them know how effective they are for your hardwood floors. They are completely anti-allergen and clean approximately 99% germs ad debris from the surface.
Their easy maneuver feature makes them stand out as you never face any difficulty to make this vacuum cleaner from one space to another.
- Completed Sealed System: The anti-allergen completely sealed system of this Shark vacuum cleaner will give clean air in your living space.
- Lift-Away Option: This vacuum cleaner is lighter in weight, and its lift-away feature makes it more convenient to move it to any place.
It comes with various accessories including a dusting brush with soft bristles, crevice tools comprising different lengths, and a lot more. You can detach the pod to clean walls and all the tight spaces.
The cleaning power of this vacuum cleaner is surely impressive. Once you try this cleanser, you won’t resist using it again and again.
As far as the weight is concerned, it is a lightweight vacuum that you can easily hold for different purposes. This vacuum is highly recommended for hard floors and carpets.
Hence, if you want one of the best vacuums for hardwood floors, go ahead with this one and you will never be disappointed.
|Surface Recommendation||Carpet & Hard Floors|
- A lightweight vacuum that can be lifted from one place to another.
- An ideal vacuum cleaner for tight spaces.
- It lifts 99% germs and is allergen-free.
- According to reviews, it has poor suction power.
- A bit more costly than other vacuum cleaners.
2. Miele Classic C1 Pure Suction Vacuum Cleaner
The next product listed for you is from the Miele brand which is as powerful as the previous one.
The brand never compromises the quality and ensures to design of the most efficient vacuum cleaners for your floors. It has a long electric cord that helps you reach areas that are hard to clean.
One of the best things about this vacuum is that you can easily adjust the suction power depending on the surface that you are cleaning. It is best for wood flooring, carpets, walls, and whatnot.
- Energy Efficient Appliance: This vacuum cleaner takes 800 W, making it an energy-efficient tool recommended for homeowners.
- Suction Control: An adjustable suction control system in this cleaner allows you to set this power according to the surface for perfect cleaning results.
This versatile vacuum is a solution to all your cleaning problems. The 1,200-W vortex motor effectively eliminates all the dust and dirt. It also carries out pet hair and makes the floor unstained and upstanding.
You can easily move this bagged canister vacuum from room to room. The accessories that you get along with the vacuum include a crevice tool, dusting brush, upholstery tool, brush roll, etc.
Hence, here is the second recommended vacuum cleaner from our side that you might think about.
|Surface Recommendation||Hard floors|
|Product Weight||1 Pound|
- This bagged vacuum cleaner is perfect for homes.
- It can move around in every corner.
- The vacuum has a strong suction power.
- It lifts out every tiny dust particle and hair.
- It has a limited warranty period,
- Hard to lift on low piled carpets.
3. Dyson V8 Fluffy Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson is another well-known brand that produces various products but vacuum cleaners top the chart. They have been designing different cleaners for a long time and now have become a pro in it.
If you want a stick vacuum that is easy to use and can clean every tight space thoroughly, you can’t find a better option than this. Stick vacuums are known for cleaning every corner that is hard to reach.
The long cord attached to the vacuum solves this problem and makes your house completely dust-free. It has a strong battery that let you clean the house for straight 40 minutes.
- Dirt Tracker: This stick vacuum cleaner will track every debris or dirt particle from tight corners without trouble.
- HEPA Filter: This Dyson vacuum features a HEPA filtration system, giving you a 99.9% germ-free surface after every cleaning session.
Furthermore, the suction power is another great feature that forces you to get your hands on this amazing product. Now cleaning the hardwood floor won’t be complicated for you with this best vacuum.
So, what else does this vacuum cleaner contain? The cleaning head made of carbon fiber is here to lift all the dirt and human or pet hair from the hardwood floor in a single go.
You will surely be amazed by the results this vacuum cleaner gives. You can also enhance the cleaning power as per the requirement. Isn’t it what we all require for a deep cleaning?
|Surface Recommendation||Hard floor|
|Special Features||Bagless and lightweight|
|Product Weight||5.63 pounds|
- Dyson brand is known for producing quality vacuum cleaners.
- It quickly removes dust and human hair from the floor.
- It has a long-lasting and strong suction power.
- The vacuum cleaner contains a powerful battery.
- lightweight and easy-to-carry stick vacuum cleaner.
- It doesn’t work effectively on carpets.
4. BISSELL Featherweight Stick Vacuum
It would be wrong not to talk about Bissell brands whenever we mention the best vacuums for hardwood floors. Bissell is a well-known brand that people can blindly rely on.
This lightweight hand vacuum is ideal for every surface be it carpets, hard floors, stairs, or walls. You can use this cleaner anywhere you want and get the optimum results.
If you want to thoroughly clean hard surface floors without any difficulty and effort, bring this Bissell vacuum into homes and enjoy deep cleaning. It cleans large debris in a flow and makes your floors smooth and shiny.
- Affordable Cleaning: The Featherweight model of the Bissell brand is extremely economical in terms of price and gives you two years complete warranty for this product.
- Ideal for Quick Pick-ups: Now you can quickly finish your cleaning jobs with the powerful suction of this Bissell vacuum. It will pick up every dirt without wasting time.
You can increase and decrease the size of the cord according to the requirement. Talking about the versatility of this vacuum, it is unbeatable.
It is a 3-in-1 machine that can be used as a stick vacuum, stair vacuum, and handle vacuum. What can be better than this? Furthermore, it is completely lightweight and can easily move along.
You also get a few tools and accessories along with the vacuum including a brush roll that does different functioning. Hence, it is inevitably the best vacuum for thorough cleaning. So why not try it?
|Product Weight||3.78 pounds|
- Each purchase from the Bissell brand saves a pet.
- It is ideal for wood floors and large debris.
- A completely affordable vacuum.
- This hardwood vacuum is versatile and can be used for different purposes.
- It lifts litter and pet furs as well.
- You need to wash the filter after every use.
- You won’t get any replacement filter.
- It is quite small than other vacuum cleaners.
5. Roborock H7 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Roborock is another quality brand that has been listed after deep analysis and people’s reviews. It is surely one of the best vacuums for hardwood floors.
The powerful cleaning of this vacuum forced me to add it to the list of best vacuum cleaners. It has great battery timing that let you clean the floors without battery issues.
The suction power is another plus point of this vacuum cleaner. The powerful HEPA filter also doesn’t spread the dust in the air and keeps the room dust-free.
- Constant Suction Power: The Roborock vacuum cleaner gives you continuous suction that will lift all types of dust in a single go. You don’t need to drag the machine back for cleaning.
- Washable Gears: This cleaning unit contains a washable dust bin and filter, making this vacuum valuable. You never need to purchase any extra accessories for a longer time.
The accessories and tools including a brush roll you get along with the vacuum serve different purposes. Whether you want to keep your hardwood floors tidy or you want a vacuum cleaner for carpets, you can trust this brand always.
It is also budget-friendly and within everyone’s range. Now, you no longer be worried about your pets spreading dirt here and there. It quickly lifts pets’ fur and litter and makes your floors and carpets spotless.
You can easily wash the dustbin and filters after every use to keep them in their original form. It has a 2.5h charging time and contains a 22.2V voltage.
Furthermore, the 560ml dust bag capacity allows you to carry as much dust as you want.
|Surface Recommendation||Carpet & Hard Floors|
|Product Weight||3.1 pounds|
- It lifts every dust and dirt in a single go.
- The vacuum is budget-friendly and also ideal for pets,
- It has a strong HEPA Filter.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry with you.
- The vacuum has a lock-on button that works without keep pressing the power button.
- Some people have complained about the battery.
6. iRobot Roomba i7+ Robot Vacuum
Let’s talk about a type of vacuum that you all have been waiting for i.e Robot Vacuum. You might have never used robot vacuums before, however, it effectively saves your cleaning time and let the device do its work.
This robotic vacuum follows the cleaning instructions and does its job to the fullest. You do not need to roam around while cleaning and this is what makes it unique.
It saves a lot of time and energy and deeply cleans every corner. Once you have cleaned the house with this vacuum, forget cleaning for the next few weeks.
- Rubber Brushes: The rubber brushes of this iRobot vacuum help multiple clean surfaces and tackle every corner of your living space from debris and dirt particles.
- Easy Control: You can control the movement of this vacuum cleaner easily from your mobile app. It allows you to customize your cleaning maps under your fingertips.
This vacuum has 10 times more powerful suction that lifts all small and large debris and carries pet and human hair thoroughly. You can never go wrong with this one.
It is one of the smartest vacuum cleaners that know which part to clean and which part to leave including play areas. It quickly follows the instructions and acts according to that.
If you are a pet lover, this cleaner would be best for you. Now, keep your every corner spotless with this one of the best robot vacuums. It comes with 2 dirt disposal bags to carry maximum dirt.
Furthermore, it has 1 extra high-efficient filter and 1 side brush to clean out corners and furniture. In short, it attains all the essential features that we need for deep cleaning.
|Surface Recommendation||Carpets, Tiles, and hard floors|
- A great Robot vacuum that let you schedule cleaning sessions.
- It targets every corner where there is dirt.
- You have firm control over your vacuum.
- It doesn’t require your presence, that’s how you can save time.
- It doesn’t create noise while cleaning.
- An ideal vacuum for pet lovers.
- It only works when the app is attached to Wifi.
7. BISSELL PowerGlide Cordless Stick Vacuum
Here is another product from the same Bissell brand that we mentioned above. To keep your wood floors shiny and tidy, you can never go wrong with this brand.
From removing pet hair to working smoothly on the thick carpet, it does everything efficiently. We all know that on each purchase from the Bissell brand, we save 1 pet’s life.
This feature makes this brand stand out among others. It contains a 21V lithium-ion battery that let you clean the house for straight 30 minutes which is more than enough.
- Compact Design: This stick vacuum's sleek design and lightweight nature make it exclusive for everyone. You can easily convert it into three different cleaning modes.
- Tangle Free Rolling: The brush roll of this cordless vacuum will prevent hair wrap, and you will never find the machine getting stuck during cleaning.
The vacuum weight is another feature that people look for and this Bissell product is completely lightweight and easy to be carried from one room to another.
The LED highlights attached to the vacuum help to carry small debris in no time. If you have been searching for the best cordless stick vacuum, this product is a must-try.
It has washable filters so that you do not need to spend additional costs on them. The tangle-free brush roll help to lift hair from the carpets.
The tools that you get with this cleaner include a crevice tool, upholstery tool, dusting brush, Febreze filter, etc.
- It contains washable filters and a large storage dust bag.
- You can increase and decrease the suction power as per the surface.
- One of the best cordless vacuums for pet hair.
- It is a lightweight and powerful hardwood floor vacuum.
- It is more costly than other cleaners.
8. Bissell Deluxe Canister Vacuum
Here comes another cleaner from the Bissell brand that surely satisfies you with its best results. It has a 1.0-liter dust capacity so you can carry maximum dirt without emptying it again and again.
This will save time and you better clean the floors or carpets efficiently. It doesn’t require additional space so you can store it anywhere you want. Furthermore, it is easy to carry because of being lightweight.
This cleaner is specially designed for hardwood floors to remove all the dust and make them clean and tidy. You can get complete control of suction so that you can safely use the vacuum over a delicate surface.
- Pet Hair Remover: If you love pets in your home, bring this canister vacuum as it will efficiently remove every hair of your pet from carpets, couches, and hardwood floors.
- Versatile Cleaning: The good suction power and rotating head make this Bissell vacuum valuable for most homeowners.
For a high pile carpet, you can enhance the power. The feature that I found amazing is the easy-to-empty dirt tank. Once the tank is filled with dirt, you can easily empty the bag and later wash it for future use.
The two heads of the vacuum make it versatile. The rotating head is limited to be used for hardwood floors while the other head is ideal for carpets.
You can use this vacuum while your kids are sleeping because it doesn’t create noise while working. Bissell vacuum makes cleaning easy and enjoyable. Once you get your hands on this product, you will surely never regret it.
|Surface Recommendation||floors and carpets|
- It is one of the best hardwood floor vacuums.
- A lightweight cleaner that is quiet while working.
- Vacuuming hardwood floors has become easy with this product.
- You can increase the length of the handle.
- It gives you full control of suction power.
- It is not ideal for pet owners.
9. Eureka Blaze Stick Vacuum
Here comes another budget vacuum for your wood floors and carpets. It has all the attributes to make this product worth trying. From thoroughly cleaning floors to making your high pile carpets dust-free.
It does everything with perfection. This 3-in-1 design cleaner fulfills all your cleaning needs and can be used for different purposes. This 4-pound item can be carried anywhere you want.
- Long Power Cord: This stick vacuum is portable due to its 18 ft power cord, allowing you to reach the top of the walls or furniture easily.
- Hand Vacuum: The hand vacuum style of this cleaner gives you the luxury of cleaning kitchen countertops, couches, and stairs.
It is extremely lightweight as compared to other vacuums. It has a 2 amp powerful motor that carries all small and large dust particles. The washable filtration system adds value to this product.
You do not need to purchase extra filters every time you clean the house. This environment-friendly cleaner must be your priority if you have been looking for a new vacuum.
It is one of the best hardwood floor vacuums that covers everything that comes in its way. From pet hair to dust particles to kid’s dust, there is nothing that this cleaner can’t lift.
When it comes to cleaning speed, it is extraordinary. Hence, consider this cleaner without giving it a second thought.
- This versatile vacuum can be transformed into a stick, stair, and hand cleaner.
- It has 18ft long power cord that cleans dust from the walls.
- The crevice tool helps you reach tight spaces.
- With a hand vacuum, you can clean stairs as well.
- A quality product at a cheap price.
- An additional filter is not easy to find out.
10. Iwoly V600 Stick Vacuum
If you are still unable to find the best one for your floors, don’t worry because the list didn’t end here. We have a few more products that might satisfy you.
If you find cleaning hardwood floors difficult with ordinary cleaners, bring an Iwoly stick vacuum and forget the struggle. It provides you with complete ease and makes the surface spotless with its powerful functioning.
The stick vacuum contains a 500W motor that enhances the power of suction. It has an advanced HEPA filter system that doesn’t let the dust spread in the room.
- Easy Cleaning: The powerful functioning and robust constructions give easy cleanings and provide a spotless finish for any surface.
- Advanced HEPA Filtration: The hygienic and strong HEPA filter system provides healthy airflow and eliminates all bacteria from your floor surface.
Moreover, with different attachments, you can easily cover tight corners of your house that are hard to reach. The vacuum body is only 3.3 lbs which means you can easily lift the vacuum from one corner to another.
You can easily hang this cleaner on the wall which saves a lot of space. So, forget about the storage issue as it doesn’t take additional space. The dust bag capacity is 0.5L which is enough for a single cleaning.
The washable filters save you from spending additional costs. Your neighbors will never complain about the noise because it is quiet.
|Surface Recommendation||Hardwood floor|
- It vacuums hardwood floors efficiently.
- The strong HEPA filter and motor make it worth trying.
- You can easily transform it into a handheld cleaner.
- The soft brush roll is ideal to be used on furniture.
- It has enough dust bin capacity.
- They have poor customer service.
- The vacuum instantly gets hot.
11. Proscenic P10 PRO Cordless Vacuum
If you haven’t used the vacuums of the Proscenic brand yet, it’s time to get your hands now. They cover all the expected features in their product to make our experience better.
This handheld cleaner has 3 adjustable modes so that you can use them as per the requirement. Whether you want to deep clean your carpets or you want your floors to shine bright, this product does everything.
The battery life is quite impressive as you can go along with the cleaner for straight 55 minutes which is huge.
- Powerful Battery: The upgraded battery of the Proscenic brand can run continuously for 55 minutes, enough to clean an extensive area.
- Multifunctional Vacuum: The variety of floor brushes and three adjustable suction modes make this vacuum cleaner versatile and can be used for multiple purposes.
Apart from battery life, this cordless stick vacuum has 4 filter stages including steel mesh, HEPA , cyclone ionosphere, and sponge. Each filter serves different purposes.
You can easily check different indicators for example battery life on the LED display attached to the cleaner. Moreover, the battery can easily be removed and the filters can easily be detached for a wash.
For better performance, keep washing the filters after every use. Proscenic vacuum also contains soft rollers brush to clean walls and curtains. The brush roller goes under the furniture to remove dust.
|Surface Recommendation||Carpets and Floors|
|Battery Life||55 Minutes|
- It has impressive battery life.
- You get indications on the LED display.
- The 260W power enhances the working speed.
- The soft fabric brush roll cleans the delicate surfaces efficiently.
- It has poor suction and doesn’t pick up every debris.
Reasons to Get Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
Have you ever heard why one should go for a vacuum when there are other options to clean the floor?
Well, a great quality vacuum thoroughly cleans the surface and makes your hardwood floor shine which other cleaning options can’t do.
If you buy a good cleaner, you get a soft fabric brush roll, soft rubber wheels, and whatnot. A few cleaners give you dry and wet mop options so that you can clean any surface with perfection.
It also consumes your time and you do not have to put a lot of effort while cleaning.
Have a Look Before Buying Vac for Hardwood Floors
Now that you are familiar with the best vacuum for hardwood floors, there are a few factors that you must consider before buying a particular product.
I have made a list of those factors that will help you make a wise decision. Let’s get started.
Type of Vacuum
The first factor involves in this process is to know the type of vacuum that you want for your hardwood floors.
I have already mentioned the types that vacuums contain including handheld vacuums, cordless vacuums, robot vacuums, corded vacuums, etc. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Talking about the best one for hardwood floors, a canister vac is not considered ideal for that. As far as upright vacuums are concerned, they are easy to use and can easily be pushed from one place to another so you can consider them.
Robotic vacuums are also good for your hardwood floors as they save time and effort and know what to clean. Hence, before making a selection ensure which type you want.
Vacuum weight is another important factor to consider while buying the cleaner. The weight determines how much storage it requires and how much weight you have to put while using it.
It should be lightweight so that you won’t complain about back pain. Upright vacuums are lightweight cleaners that are easy to use and can easily move along.
The more the power, the better it will work. A few vacuums find it hard to collect every dust because of low power.
Hence, before buying any cleaner make sure it is powerful enough to collect all the dust from the floors and carpets. It should be powerful enough to collect pet hair as well.
Cordless or Corded Vaccum
The next point is to decide whether you should go for a cordless vacuum or a corded one? The corded vacuums have approximately 20 to 30 feet of cord length and they don’t require charging.
On the other hand, cordless vacuums require charging and they are more expensive than corded vacuums. Hence, it is better to go for corded vacuums.
Bagless or Bagged Vacuum
In bagless cleaners, a dust bin is available to collect all the debris. In bagged vacuums, you have to replace the bags that are not environment-friendly.
They also become quite expensive. Hence, it is better to choose a vacuum that is bagless so that it quickly collects the dirt which you can later wash.
To clean hardwood floors, some vacuums have anti-allergen filters so that it saves you from different allergies caused by pet hair and other dust particles.
It is important for those who have a dust allergy or gets irritated easily from the dust and dirt. Ensure that the product you choose should have this feature.
The last feature to look for is the length of the cord. If the length is large, you can easily reach places where it is hard. Apart from the cord length, the hose length also matters the most.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s talk about the questions that people usually ask regarding hardwood floors vacuum.
Who Makes the Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors?
Various notable brands make the ideal vacuums for your hardwood floors. The brand that we found pretty impressive is Bissell.
What Is the Best Robot Vacuum for Hardwood Floors?
You can consider iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) for this purpose. It is the best robot vacuum that cleans hardwood floors effectively.
What Are the Best Vacuum Cleaners for Both Carpet and Hardwood Floors?
Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV352 is best for carpets and floors as well. It also lifts dust from high pile carpet.
What Type of Vacuum Is Best for Hardwood Floors?
For hardwood floors, an upright vacuum is an ideal choice. It is easy to use and easy to carry out as well.
Do Vacuums Damage Hardwood Floors?
Yes, they can damage your floor if you are using the wrong one. All the above-mentioned cleaners are completely safe for your floors.
What Vacuum Will Not Scratch Hardwood Floors?
If you consider the vacuum the best brand, you can save your floor from being scratched. I would recommend going for Bissell cleaner. These vacuums lift pet hair to protect your floors.
The trend of using hardwood floors is spreading with time. They not only make your house look eye-catchy but also enhance the resale house value. It has different advantages.
However, to keep them clean and tidy, you need to invest in the best cleaner. I have mentioned the top cleaners of notable brands that you should check if you are planning to buy one.
Moreover, I have listed the factors that are important to consider before buying a new cleaner. I hope this guide will help you make a wise decision in the future.